Studio B Webcam
This isn't corporate-run radio. This is fan-run radio. Your participation is encouraged.
Our annual Spring charity radiothon will be held on Saturday June 3 at Alley's Alehouse, off SR-37 in Fishers. This all-ages facility features great food, an excellent beer selection, indoor and outdoor bars, volleyball courts, bowling, and an arcade. In an effort to beat the weather/temperature issues that have plagued us in previous years, we plan to feature both indoor and outdoor stages, but can quickly adjust to move the entire event indoors if necessary.
This year we will be raising money and awareness for Central Indiana residents living with Alzheimer's by supporting two separate organizations. On-line donations will go to the Indiana Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association as part of their "Longest Day" event. On-site donations will go to Joy's House, an adult day service located in Broad Ripple. In order to make an immediate impact in the local area, as part of this event, we invite you to bring in and donate your old MP3 players and headphones, which have been found to be incredibly impactful in the lives of people living with Alzheimer's.
In order to make an immediate impact in the local area, as part of this event, we invite you to bring in and donate your old MP3 players and headphones, which have been found to be incredibly impactful in the lives of people suffering with Alzheimers as the following video shows.
Everything kicks off at 11:00 AM with musical acts, special guests, and other surprises throughout the day.
Whether you're coming to hang out in person to enjoy some great live music, or just listening in from your computer or phone, please consider donating to this worthy cause via one of the following means...
Donating is easier than ever and we've really made it worth your while. Try one of these easy options.
- Drink a Beer: Several breweries have agreed to donate proceeds from each beer ordered to the cause. Consult with your server to see which ones you should be drinking.
- Bring in old headphones/MP3 players: We'll be collecting these to load up and distribute around Central Indiana. (See video.)
- Buy a Shirt: Our swanky new Radiothon 2017 T-Shirts are 100% combed and ring-spun cotton and heather blue, with the Radiothon logo on the front, and list of all performing acts on the back. Shirts are $20 with 100% of the proceeds from the Radiothon T-Shirts goes towards the cause. Use the donate button below to purchase. Specify your size in the comments field. (Click image to enlarge.)
- Put Money in the Red Can at the Event: This one should be obvious.
- Donate On-Line: For those of you who can't be here in person, don't drink beer, don't wear shirts, and/or don't carry cash, you can contribute directly to our Longest Day campaign page online.
Please Note: Somebody complains every year that we don't broadcast the band performances during the radiothon. Or at the very least we only play a couple songs and talk over the rest. The reason is very simple: We want you at the show! This is a free-admission charity fundraiser, and all of the artists are volunteering their time, efforts, and talents. We want them to hear the applause and see their audience, since pretty much (aside from the tip jar) that's what they're getting paid. Think of the radio feed as a color play-by-play for those that can't be there, had to leave early, or actually ARE there and want a supplemental "director commentary" in one ear to learn about all these weird people walking around.
Indy In-Tune is not, and never will be, a substitute for getting out there and supporting local, live music.
If you're a local business, group, or organization looking for a bit of extra promotion, consider sponsoring an hour of our Radiothon. Simply chip in some swag, discounts, coupons, or gift cards that we can raffle off as door prizes and we'll run your pre-recorded ad/message and get your logo on all of our promotional material. Don't have an ad, we can make one up for you on the spot (probably not advisable) or you can come down and sit in with us for that hour (applicable waivers apply). Simply drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
If you're a bit short on cash, you can always volunteer to help out. It takes a lot of people to pull something like this off, and frankly, everyone ELSE comes up with better ideas than we do anyway. If this sounds like you, drop a line to email@example.com and let us know how you want to help.