Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #051: CivilianBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Monday, August 31, 2009 12:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
The cool thing about doing Indy In-Tune is that the mood and tone of the shows is as diverse as the music we feature. Thus, after doing three somewhat serious singer-songwriter shows in a row, it's nice to have fun, crazy band-centric one that just completely falls apart on you. My advice, take a couple of Tylenol because separating the voices talking over each other, making sense of the semi-obscure in-jokes, and just generally following the weird flow of conversation is bound to give you a migraine. Imagine spending four horus trying to censor it down so that it was only offensive to 49% of the listeners.
By the way ... adult content warning ... the easily-offended should probably go back and listen to shows 48-50 again.
On the other hand, if you're already a fan of Civilian, then you know how much fun these guys can be and are no doubt already looking forward to Episode #1 of "The Blake Show" coming later this fall. Despite what probably sounded like me calling him out in the middle of the episode, I do love the guy to death. Problem is, the tear-filled eyes I had from laughing so hard and the big grin on my face didn't come off on mic.
This is the first of a series of shows recorded at the 8 Seconds Rock Battle, where quite-frankly we were already somewhat overwhelmed by the hospitality afforded us as co-sponsors, not to mention the sheer debauchery of hanging out in the green room at a rock battle of the bands. I've never been to an after-show hotel party hosted by Led Zeppelin, but this was probably as close as I'll ever get in my lifetime.
Links referenced in the show:
- Civilian can be found here: MySpace | Facebook.
- Blake, the drummer, was first heard on the pilot episode of Crossroad Resonances In-Tune.
- Co-Host Mike Dyer is host of the Crossroad Resonances Podcast, which can be found here: Web Site | MySpace.
- This is the first of three episodes recorded during round one of the 2009 Rock Battle at 8 Seconds Saloon (of which Indy In-Tune is a co-sponsor). Final round of action is Friday, September 25th.
- Their first CD, Saints and Sinners is currently out of stock. When the
second press is done, we will have a link here to where you can
- It was recorded at Chance Studios in Bedford, Indiana.
- Blake is a follower of Dennis McKenna and, along with artist Alex Gray, a proponent of the "Ayahuasca Experience."
- Civilian will be participating in the Freedom Cookies benefit on October 17th in Edinburg, Indiana.
- Our next Musician's Night Out will be Tuesday, August 25, at BW3 on the south side.
- Fellow Indy podcast Crossroad Resonances (MySpace | Web Site) is sponsoring the September to Remember on September 11th and 12th. For details and a list of bands being featured, check out their show.
- The next Indianapolis Podcaster's Guild meetup will be Tuesday, September 29th, 7:00 PM at the Yats downtown.
Show #050: Tim Spainhower
Show #057: The Jeremy Vogt Band Returns
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus