Podcasts By Year2022, 2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #060: The Twin CatsBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
This week's show features a long-awaited chance for me to meet the Twin Cats, a band I have seen play live several times, and who is talked about as a major influence on many of our former guests (Shadyside Allstars, Blue Moon Revue, Original State of Mind, et al). I was also warned ahead of time that this band can get a little crazy at times. They definitely live up to that reputation. Somewhere in the midst of the wisecracks and wild stories there is an interview, but it's probably the least interesting part of this show.
In just a few short years, the Twin Cats have gone from busking in Broad Ripple, to playing festivals such as 10KLF, Summer Camp, and the F.U.N.K. Festival. During that time they have shared the bill with some of the top touring acts in the country including The Greyboy Allstars, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Rusted Root, and Here Come the Mummies. When not hobknobbing with the bigwigs, they can still be found playing most of the great small venues here in town and are definitely worth checking out if you get the chance.
Links referenced in the show:
- The Twin Cats can be found here: MySpace | Facebook | Web Site | Archive.org | Our Stage.
- Their latest CD, Thick (which, contrary to intention, did beat the show's release), was recorded at the Static Shack by Gary Meilke, Rob Dixon, and Chris Dobbs, and is currently available at Amazon and iTunes.
- They are the first non-jazz band signed to Owl Studios Records, which traditionally hosts the finest jazz acts in town.
- You gearheads can see a demo of Seth Catron's Zvex Box of Rock here.
- This is the third of five shows recorded at Kammy's Kause 2009.
- The next Musician's Night Out will be Monday, November 9, 7:00 PM at the Buffalo Wild Wings on the South Side.
- The next Indianapolis Podcasters Guild meetup will be Tuesday, November 10th, 7:00 PM at the Yats downtown.
Show #059: Blue Moon Revue Returns
Show #061: Landon Keller
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus