Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #089: Jason WellsBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Monday, January 17, 2011 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Thoroughly confused by the numbering scheme of the episodes yet? Okay, it's about to get more confusing. This episode marks the second part of our two-part foray into the Frankfort Music Scene. That may sound like a joke, but they really do have some excellent players in that town, as you can hear. I only mention this because it references an episode featuring Brian Pitzer (#086), which won't be released for another three or four days due to some logistical problems, and I didn't want anybody thinking they might have missed one in there somewhere. Once we get that done, we only need Outer Sanctum to release their new CD so we can put out Show #081 and everything will be back to abnormal.
While the downturn in the economy has caused us to lose no less than a dozen of my favorite live music venues here in Indianapolis, it has on the other hand, created some interesting opportunities for great players to become a little more serious about their art. Jason Wells is an excellent example of this, having turned the loss of a job and stable income into an opportunity to increase his musical production and live performances, as well as to branch into commercial recording as well, where his laid back, bluesy, percussive style of playing is finding a whole new group of fans, and a new home in very unlikely places. This just goes to show you that, no matter how bad things get, good music will survive.
Links referenced in the show:
- Jason Wells can be found here: Web Site | Facebook | Reverb Nation | Twitter
- His music may be purchased from his web site, his Reverb Nation Page, iTunes, and Amazon.
- He has appeared on the Midwest Nights TV show (Facebook | MySpace) and has made radio appearances on both WIMC Thunder 103.9's Local Thunder program and X103's local artist showcases.
- He has recently started SoundEdge (Web Site | Facebook | Twitter), which is dedicate to royalty-free music production for videos, commercials, and other incidental music needs.
- His music will feature very heavily in the next season of Bow Hunting Addiction.
- You can see the video of Jason performing Cancer here.
Show #091: September Sky
Show #082: Outer Sanctum Returns
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus