Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #102: Jason Wells ReturnsBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
We're back! Did you miss us? It's been a pretty busy summer hiatus for us. Excellent, new day job (FINALLY), couple of new projects in the works (more on those later), and just getting lined up for the kickoff of the second century of Indy In-Tune shows, featuring some big names, some great underground talent, and the return of a few of old friends.
Speaking of old friends, we're going to kick things off by revisiting a fan favorite, Mr. Jason Wells, who first appeared on the show about a year ago. Since then, Jason has built his home studio, completed a full length CD called "Stepping Out," and written a season of music for a television series -- and here I thought I was getting a lot done. Jason brings us some insights into independent music marketing, shares some stories about what's been happening with his music over the past year, and treats us to four new songs off his latest project, one of which is a new version of a track that will be familiar to Indy In-Tune listeners.
Links referenced in the show:
- Jason Wells can be found here: Web Site | Facebook | Reverb Nation | Twitter
- He first appeared on Indy In-Tune about a year ago on Show #089.
- His new CD, Stepping Out, can be purchased from his web site, or downloaded here: iTunes | Amazon | Juno
- His streaming concert can be seen live Friday, August 5 (2011) at 9:00 PM on his UStream channel or his Facebook Page
- You can see the referenced video of Jason performing Cancer here.
- He will soon be playing Ole Hickory Days in Colfax, the Wingate Sweet Corn Festival, and the Uptown Jazz and Blues Festival in Lafayette.
- He has appeared on both WIMC Thunder 103.9's Local Thunder program and X103's local artist showcases.
- He has recently started SoundEdge (Web Site | Facebook | Twitter), which is dedicate to royalty-free music production for videos, commercials, and other incidental music needs.
- His music can now be found on the boxed sets of Bow Hunting Addiction and Wild Reality TV.
Show #100a: Good Friends Good Tunes No Edits
Show #103: New Finland Radicals Return
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus