Show #122: Old Truck RevivalBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Have I mentioned how much fun it really is doing the radio thing? Sunday and Wednesday nights are generally spent drinking beer, shooting the breeze, and listening to music with some of the coolest people in town, in my humble opinion. Now we've add live-in-my-home concerts from some of my favorite players!? Do you have any idea how brutal this makes my Mondays and Thursdays at the day job?
Long time listeners of the show will remember Junk Box Mike and John Boyer's first appearance on Indy In-Tune, as Junk Box Mike and band, where collectively we were the first podcast to be recorded in, and the first people forcibly ejected from, the Palladium in Carmel. Now they become the first guests to actually perform all of their tracks live for the podcast. Don't worry, if you missed the live performance, you'll get a chance to hear it replayed during that "Monday Night Live" thing I'm still trying to get worked out. OTR, as opposed to JBM, features high energy bluegrass-influenced music played with the precision of two excellent musicians and occasionally joined by some of the finest supplemental players in the metro area. Even if bluegrass isn't your thing -- and I have to admit that beyond a a casual appreciation and respect it really isn't mine -- these guys will make believers out of you.
Links referenced in the show:
- Old Truck Revival can be found here: Web Site | Facebook | Reverb Nation.
- John and Mike previously appeared on Show #095.
- Their debut album, Oweda, can be found at the usual suspects: iTunes | Amazon | CD Baby.
- OTR occasionally includes supplemental payers such as Ralph Ed Jeffers (of The Punkin Holler Boys), Chick Singer, Gary Wasson (of Sindicato), Scott Kern of (Strawboss Union), Gary Rakow (Stella Luna and the Satellites), fiddle player Marty Murphy, and Jon Martin (of Sindicato, Stone Martin Band, Jeremy Vogt Band, among others).
- Townes Van Zandt played the building now occupied by Sabbatical? Who knew?
- Our second song, Sun Chicken, was once featured on the syndicated radio show Car Talk.
- Out fourth song, Screen Door, was written by Adam Carroll.
Show #121: Cootie Crabtree Forever
Show #123: Black Market Binary
|Darrin Snider is the founding music nerd responsible for Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he is a business analyst and recovering software engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to downgrade to overnight FM disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus
Show Notes / DownloadsShow #292: Target Acquired
Show #291: Robots and Magic Powers
Show #290: The Cosmic Situation Returns
Show #289: Moxxie Returns
Show #288: Maravich
Show #287: The Colby Green Band
Show #286: Tracksuit Lyfestile
Show #285: Northern Kind
Show #284: Sugardust
Show #283: Dudes, Tunes + Brews
Other various and sundry audio we've collected over the years.