Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #132: PrimeBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
I fully admit that, like metal, hip pop and rap seem to be woefully under-represented here at Indy In-Tune. This is by no means a sinister plan on my part. I happen to be a huge fan of metal, and have been on record saying that I am slowly warming to hip hop. It's just a matter of being able to make inroads into these two scenes. Hopefully our recent forays will, as they did with singer/songwriters, open a floodgate of similar artists and allow us to broaden our horizons to welcome all performer of every genre in our city's great music scene. (I'm talking to you too, jazz players.)
Prime comes to us by way of our good friend Jeff Sample, and after talking to him for five minutes, I just knew I had to get this guy on the show to tell his story. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that there are as many ways to try to market and make a name for yourself in music as there are styles of music to play, and this guy has a good chunk of them covered. More than just an artist, Prime is a total package entertainer -- producer, screenwriter, actor, model, and all around cool guy as you'll learn in this interview. He comes to Indiana with a fresh take on things and will, with luck, get everyone to step up their game just a little, or at least take a look at some different approaches to getting in front of their audience.
Links referenced in the show:
- Prime can be found here: Facebook | MySpace | Twitter | SoundClick
- We first met up with him last summer at the Battle of Birdy's.
- The majority of his catalog can be fond on CD Baby.
- His 2008 release, The Storms Won't Last is available on Amazon.
- The Second Track, Party Goin' On, features Cali Class and comes from the Wake N' Bake Mix Tape, Vol 1
- Prime has previously worked with Woody Pock and his Chaos Music Theory project.
- He will be working with Cloud 9 Grill with their Bikini Boxing events.
- His new web project Billion Dollar Bangaz is currently under development.
Show #131: Marvin Parish
Show #133: The Grining Man
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus