Show #006: Gentleman CallerBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Saturday, May 20, 2006 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
So, this week it isn't software that's driving me nuts. It's hardware. Sadly, while trying out some new equipment on Saturday, I blew the sound card in the laptop. The soundcard, as you have probably guessed, is a somewhat critical part of doing this show. Not to fear, however, everything should be under warranty, and I have several shows already recorded, so there shouldn't be any interruption to the flow of things around here. I just felt the need to vent. Yeah, I know, it's always something with me and this silly project of mine.
On the other hand, this week's guests are Kenny Childers and Jim Robinson of Gentleman Caller. Two great guys who gave us four wonderful tracks and a great interview that covered a wide spectrum of topics and issues.
Important links from the show:
- The message board is in beta with a few friends of the show and should be up for general use early this week on the web site.
- Special thanks to Jeffrey T. at the Good Beer Show for his assistance and advice. (Sorry about the joke about being my Podfather ... couldn't resist.)
- As mentioned, the featured interview this week is Gentleman Caller.
- Their latest CD, Until We are Missing is available at CD Baby.
- Or you can win a free copy by leaving a message on our voice mail line, (317) 489-4175. Just leave a message of any kind, but be sure to include your email address. If the messages are interesting enough, and there is sufficient time (which hasn't yet occurred), we MAY play the best ones on the show. We certainly won't include your email, and if you don't want your message played just say so. It won't count against you.
- And of course the story that has us geeks divided. Was Lucas re-releasing the original, undoctored trilogy a good or bad thing. Jim and I seem to differ on this.
- More information about the NSA's wiretapping policies and AT&T's selling out of its customer's information can be found at the Electronic Frontier Foundation's website.
- Internet Neutrality is one of those very important issues that is constantly buried in media because it's somewhat confusing, doesn't really have any helpless victims that reporters can exploit on camera, and everyone just assumes that the government will come in and fix things before major damage is done to our communications infrastructure. I recommend Geek News Central and their wonderful podcast for a better explanation of the issues than I can give.
- Everyone loves Zombies, and everyone loves great independent music. Check out Jonathan Coulton's Re: Your Brains. Then subscribe to his Thing-a-Week podcast and get a brand new, original song in your podcatcher every week. A favorite of mine.
- Jim also wants you to check out his former band mate, Bill Cameron and his new band the Winechuggers. (MySpace / Website)
Show #005: CA3
Show #007: Fabulous Huckleberries
|Darrin Snider is the founding music nerd responsible for Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he is a business analyst and recovering software engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to downgrade to overnight FM disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus
Show Notes / DownloadsShow #292: Target Acquired
Show #291: Robots and Magic Powers
Show #290: The Cosmic Situation Returns
Show #289: Moxxie Returns
Show #288: Maravich
Show #287: The Colby Green Band
Show #286: Tracksuit Lyfestile
Show #285: Northern Kind
Show #284: Sugardust
Show #283: Dudes, Tunes + Brews
Other various and sundry audio we've collected over the years.