The Indy In-Tune Blog
Covering you from the front row, to backstage, and right out to the alley behind the club.
|By: Kelly Fox -- Friday, July 17, 2015|
Despite the double-take I did when looking at Brad Kleinschmidt’s name, I had no idea what to expect when I started in on his newest CD, Gone. Brad calls Muncie his hometown, really likes flannels (me too, Brad, me too), and isn’t the biggest fan of ... (Read Full Article)
|By: Kelly Fox -- Thursday, July 16, 2015|
I have to admit, I was nervous about doing a review for IAMLION’s new EP, “Vessel,” simply because of the stylization of the name. My fears were deepened when I saw they were opening for Slipknot at Klipsch on August 14th. It brought me back to my da... (Read Full Article)
|By: Kelly Fox -- Monday, June 29, 2015|
Chase Coy is described as indie-folk, a genre I am familiar with but not deeply invested in. His album, Youth has earned adjectives such as, “despicably fun” (Earmilk) and “cool, fresh, charming and easy to listen to on a loop” (Baeble). I’d have to ... (Read Full Article)
|By: Kelly Fox -- Friday, June 19, 2015|
Upon receiving the request to review Yukon Fox’s album, Release the Kraken, I was pretty stoked. I’m a big fan of nautical allusions in music, so I had high hopes. Plus, the group’s name is very appealing to someone of my lineage (see: my last name [... (Read Full Article)
Ladies, don't you hate buying generic (unisex) T-shirts? We've got you covered with a line of womens'-fit clothing in a variety of styles and colors.
Check Out Our Specials This Week...
Solicitations and Submissions
Solicitations for blog posts can be made by sending and email to "blog -at- indyintune -dot- com" and should follow these guidelines:
- Local (Indianapolis-based) acts always have priority.
- Visisting acts playing a bill with one or more local acts are also considered.
- We generally don't like to repeat content found on other sites. If your request already has a lot of coverage on other sites, it will be considered low-priority unless you can give us an exclusive angle.
- For obvious reasons, we don't do solicited album reviews, though we do appreciate you letting us know when you have a new release. Consider coming in and talking about the album yourself live on the air or a podcast.
- All of our staff writers are unpaid enthusiasts. All requests for blog posts are entirely at their descretion.
- As such, they generally need a lot of lead-time to put something out -- we're talking weeks of lead time, not hours.
- That said, individual authors have full authority to ignore the following guidelines and write whatever they want ... if you can convince them to.
- In addition, feel free to write your own post and submit it for posting as a "guest blogger." Those almost always get accepted.
- Finally, regional or national acts submitting without meeting the above guidelines are generally ignored. We're not trying to be dicks, but if you send us a generic form-letter with your press release, and it doesn't even remotely concern a local artist or event, then you're not part of our core focus.
© 2006 - 2021 | Site design and coding by Darrin Snider
| Content by Indy In-Tune and the Credited Artists and Writers | Layout by HTML5 UP